Dairy Australia is the national services body for the Australian dairy industry. We act as the collective investment arm of the industry, investing in essential research, development, extension and industry services.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly attentive and adaptable Assistant Accountant to support our Finance Manager in conducting day-to-day finance activities and ensuring financial data integrity. This role will contribute to the accurate, timely and effective recording, reporting and analysis of financial information to support the organisation in achieving its objectives.
In order to excel in this role, you will be a proactive "can-do" individual, with a strong work ethic and highly developed attention to detail and administrative skills.
To be considered for this role, you will have or demonstrate the following:
- University degree in Business, Commerce, Accounting or related field
- Professional Accounting qualification (CPA or CA)
- Working knowledge of commercial accounting principles and Australian Accounting Standards
- Sound technical accounting knowledge, including experience in a computer related discipline accounting setting
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to exercise discretion concerning matters of a confidential or sensitive nature
- Previous experience working as a part of a team, with shared goals.
This is a great opportunity to join a fantastic organisation with a collaborative culture. This is a team where people support each other and work together to achieve great outcomes for the business.
Your responsibilities in this role are not limited to the following;
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly Board reports, including actual vs budget results and analysis and preparation of supplementary reports
- The preparation/processing of transactions into general ledger, including reviewing and/or performing general ledger reconciliations
- Preparing monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and review of high impact income and expenditure accounts
- Assist with preparation of accruals and deferrals on a monthly basis, in addition to conducting end of month processing
- Supporting the Finance Manager to conduct relevant annual budget and forecasting activities
- Supporting ad hoc budgeting and forecasting tasks as required
- Ensuring the migration of financial data between finance systems is carried out in a timely and accurate manner.
Why work for Dairy Australia:
We aim to provide benefits that promote the physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of our employees, such as;
- Free and confidential counselling service
- Health checks
- Flu vaccinations
- Subsidised gym membership
- Discounted health insurance
- Moving house leave - take a day to unpack and settle in - on us!
- Not-for-Profit salary packaging
- Paid parental leave
- Salary continuance
- Flexi-hours and work from home options
- Length of Service Awards
- Our Udderly social club and more.
For more information on this role you can contact Tania Kuiti, Talent Acquisition and Development Specialist on 0407 968 004.
To submit your application for this opportunity, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Accountant (PDF, 364 KB)