Dairy Australia provides information and programs for farmers and industry to assist in making decisions today, while delivering services that support on-farm profitability. Our investment in research and innovation supports the sustainability of the industry into the future. Our people are committed to delivering benefits to the industry.
Murray Dairy is the Dairy Australia’s Regional Development Program (RDP) for northern Victoria and southern NSW. We deliver research, development, and extension programs to improve the profitability and sustainability of the region’s dairy farms.
Murray Dairy is seeking a Communications and Engagement Coordinator to lead Murray Dairy’s communications activities, contributing to the effective delivery of regionally relevant information. Murray Dairy’s communications plays an important role in engaging farmers, service providers, project partners and supporting organisations with our programs and resources.
Based in the Tatura office, the position would suit a team-oriented communications professional with high level writing skills, ability to interpret technical information and familiarity with digital and social media platforms. An understanding of the dairy industry, agriculture and/or the region is desirable.
The successful appointee will have exceptional attention to detail, an ability to exercise good judgement, and be a confident self-starter who is highly organised to work to plans and deadlines. Successful applicants would require a degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or an equivalent, or at least five years’ experience in these fields.
Key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
Communication and Engagement
- Contribute to the key objectives of awareness and uptake of programs and activities
- Lead the development and implementation of Murray Dairy’s communications campaigns and plans with key stakeholders, , using a tailored approach based on farmer profiles
- Ensure communication materials and methods are relevant, timely and meeting local industry needs
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of existing and emerging issues and trends within the region, responding to these issues with tailored communications
- Support and provide guidance to colleagues on communications activities
- Engage and collaborate with providers and partners to leverage positive outcomes for the dairy industry
- Key message development to support Murray Dairy communications needs and programs.
- Development, writing and production of content to support Dairy Australia’s themes and (regional and national) programs including case studies, newsletter articles, eDMs, flyers, scripts, podcasts, webpage content, social media copy and reports.
- Stimulate and enable cross-regional content creation and sharing, in line with national themes and regional priorities.
- Sourcing and interviewing farmer representatives for inclusion in materials and articles.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Diploma or a Degree level in public relations / journalism / communications
- Stakeholder engagement experience in a complex/corporate environment
- High quality writing skills and ability to adapt style and tone to suit different audiences and communications channels
- Networking and partnership development skills - ability to develop and maintain credible partnerships internally and with key influencers and suppliers
- Proven ability to interpret technical information and communicate key messages
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and social media platforms
- Knowledge of agriculture (dairy or otherwise)
- Regional communications experience
- CRM and content management system experience, website management experience
Why work for Dairy Australia/WestVic Dairy:
At Dairy Australia, we aim to provide benefits that promote the overall wellbeing of our employees. This includes vaccinations and health checks as well as salary packaging and paid parental leave.
A competitive remuneration package is available and can be discussed upon application.
To submit your application, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Communications Coordinator - Murray Dairy (PDF, 119 KB)