- Flexible with location
- Great perks and benefits
We have a brilliant opportunity for a highly collaborative and outcome driven individual to help ensure that Dairy Australia research, development, extension and education investments are successful in in driving a more profitable, sustainable and competitive dairy farming sector.
Working closely with our Regional teams and our Southbank team, the role will provide support in the development and delivery of extension initiatives and professional development of our Extension Officers.
Reporting to the Manager – Regional Operations, the major responsibilities of the position include:
- Manage the development and delivery of training professional development programs for extension operatives within Dairy Australia
- Provide coaching support to Regional Managers and Regional Extension Officers to support their development and enhance their capability
- Contribute to integrating contemporary extension approaches and thinking into Dairy Australia project and program development to ensure effective change management programs, products and services for farmers and their service providers
- Utilise competencies across the team in the areas of segmentation, farmer behaviour and change management principles to design and support extension projects and activities;
- Extend knowledge about best management extension practice and approaches across the Regional and Southbank teams.
- Contribute to the development of extension resources for Australian dairy farmers and service providers
- Monitor and develop Dairy Australia’s extension strategy
Your success in this role will be dependent on your relevant tertiary qualifications, and knowledge/experience of the agricultural industry, paired with:
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in dealing with a broad range of individuals, groups and organizations, fostering effective collaboration
- An outcome driven focus, with a strong understanding of farmers’ requirements with respect to extension and adoption
- Strong understanding of change management principles
- Demonstrated commitment to evaluation, monitoring and reporting, including knowledge of tools and methods
- High level coaching and mentoring skills, adaptable to the audience
- Sound decision-making and organizational skills
This role can be based out of head office at Southbank (VIC) or in another dairying region, however regular travel will be required amongst Southbank and our Regional teams.
What’s in it for you?
At Dairy Australia, we are committed to supporting you to achieve your career goals, grow and succeed as an employee and as a person.
As well as a meaningful role working within a growing industry undergoing change, the Dairy Australia team has access to a great range of benefits including salary packaging and a health and wellbeing program.
If this sounds like an opportunity that you have been looking for, please submit an application to firstname.lastname@example.org that makes you stand out as the candidate that we must meet!
Extension Development Manager (PDF, 231 KB)