Do you genuinely enjoy analysing data and information? Are you motivated by the opportunity to work in one of Australia’s leading agricultural industries? If YES this may be the opportunity for you!
- Full time position, located in Melbourne CBD
- Competitive remuneration package
- Graduates are encouraged to apply
- Opportunity to drive positive outcomes for the Australian dairy industry
Who we are and what we do
Dairy Australia is the national services body for the Australian dairy industry. We act as the collective investment arm of the industry, investing in essential research, development, extension and industry services. We are funded by farmer levies with matching research and development funds from the Australian Government.
About the position
We have a great opportunity with our Farm Business Management team for an individual who genuinely enjoys analysing data and is motivated to work in a leading agricultural sector. The role will import, transform, validate, analyse and interpret trends or patterns in farm financial and physical data sets. This includes developing recommendations based on findings for internal and external audiences to support them make informed decisions. Major responsibilities of the position include:
- Farm data and information systems – oversee the collation, importing, validation and analysis of high quality farm performance data in DairyBase. Implement data collection systems that optimise data quality and statistical validity, as well as provide helpdesk support and training for farmers and service provides to ensure accurate data entry in the DairyBase system.
- Reporting and communications – prepare DairyBase reports that include statistical analysis and graphs. Provide data validation analysis and assist with the uptake of the DairyBase tool.
- Innovation – identify and define new process improvement opportunities for the ongoing development of DairyBase tool and other farm business management tools.
- Engagement - with key stakeholders including farmers, Regional Development Programs, agribusiness, milk processors and industry services providers.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in agribusiness, farm business economics or similar.
- Understanding of dairy farm systems and farm management.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Critical thinking to identify trends, and new conclusions based on the data.
- Acumen to see data and reports in terms of their business value.
- Proven business report writing and communication skills.
- An outcome driven focus, with a strong understanding of end user requirements.
- Enquiring mind and focus on continuous improvement, as well as the ability to define opportunities for process simplification and improvement.
To apply or for more information, contact or send your cover letter (addressing key criteria) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 20 October 2017.