Western Dairy has been operating since 1997 to guide the strategic direction and implementation of dairy research, education and promotion programs in the Western Australian region.
Western Dairy works closely with WA Farmers Dairy Section, the Department of Agriculture and Food WA, the South West Catchment Council, the Department of Environment; the Department of Water, together with WA dairy processors and service providers, in implementing its annual operating plan, in the best interests of WA dairy farmers.
Western Dairy is looking for a new Regional Manager.
We are seeking someone ideally with a dairy/agricultural background, who has the capacity to lead a small, dynamic team of staff and sub-contractors and rapidly create rapport with and respect from WA’s 140 dairy farm businesses.
The Regional Manager will report jointly to the 5 person skills based Western Dairy board and to the Regional Services Manager of Dairy Australia. The successful candidate will thrive on the opportunity to contribute to the success of the WA dairy industry and to coming to the position during a time of industry change and challenge.
- A skilled communicator with an understanding of the intricacies of the agricultural sector, preferably dairy.
- The capacity to work with your team to innovate, motivate, generate and implement plans and initiatives that will deliver benefit to the industry.
- Highly organised self-starter with the capacity to multitask and achieve results under pressure.
- A proven leader of people.
- Experience with managing and reporting to a NFP organisation or a willingness to learn this.
- Experience in sourcing and managing external government funds.
- A technical skill that would enable you to be part of delivering our extension services – with a specialty in agronomy, agricultural finance, animal health or nutrition.
Our preference is for this to be a full time position. We are open to negotiation for part time applications from those that seek to fulfil the core Regional Manager role without the technical extension expertise.
At Western Dairy and Dairy Australia, we aim to provide benefits that promote the overall wellbeing of our employees. This includes vaccinations and health checks as well as salary packaging and paid parental leave.
To discuss further, and/or request a position description please contact Scott Watson via firstname.lastname@example.org otherwise apply via SEEK with your resume and covering letter..
Regional Manager – Western Dairy (PDF, 183 KB)