Dairy Australia is the national services body for the Australian dairy industry. We act as the collective investment arm of the industry, investing in essential research, development, extension and industry services.
Dairy Australia is undergoing organisational change to ensure it can harness expertise and best support the needs of the dairy industry. Here is your chance to be part of that change!
Dairy Australia is looking for a Finance Administrator to support the Finance Manager and Assistant Accountant in maintaining a high level of service when it comes to finance activities. This role may also be required to undertake administration type activities on an ad hoc basis as required by business needs.
Based in Southbank, Melbourne, the role can either be undertaken over 3 full days or spread across 5 days with shortened hours.
The key responsibilities of the position include:
- Perform financial data entry and general accounts payable and receivable duties
- Manage data, records, and reports by checking for errors and verifying accuracy of information
- Prepare receipts, expense, invoices, etc. for entry into financial systems
- Assist in preparation of financial statements and reports
- Update and maintain financial records
- Prepare spreadsheets for data entry, including budgets, accounting information, etc.
- Manage all credit card processing across the business
- Provide any general administration support to the Finance and Procurement teams as required
- Generate regular reports with accounting software as required
- Prepare and amend spreadsheets as needed, including making outbound calls and taking inbound calls
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Basic knowledge of accounting and financial principles and/or mathematical and accounting acuity
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Adobe PDF and various office equipment
- Proven ability to exercise discretion concerning matters of a confidential or sensitive nature
- Previous experience working as a part of a team, with shared goals
Why work for Dairy Australia:
We aim to provide benefits that promote the physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of our employees, such as;
- Free and confidential counselling service
- Health checks
- Flu vaccinations
- Subsidised gym membership
- Discounted health insurance
- Moving house leave - take a day to unpack and settle in - on us!
- Not-for-Profit salary packaging
- Paid parental leave
- Salary continuance
- Flexi-hours and work from home options
- Length of Service Awards
- Our Udderly social club and more.
To submit your application for this opportunity, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Finance Administrator (DOC, 16 KB)