- Southbank based office
- Hands-on opportunity
- Wonderful team environment
Dairy Australia is the national services body for the dairy industry. It is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that is funded by a levy paid by dairy farmers with matching payments from the Australian government for research and development activities. With an annual budget of $55-60 million and approximately 150 staff, Dairy Australia is committed to helping farmers adapt to a changing operating environment and achieving a profitable, sustainable dairy industry. The organisation acts as the ‘investment arm’ of the industry, investing in projects that can’t be done efficiently by individual farmers or companies.
Reporting to the Group Manager Business & Organisational Performance, you will be the key finance resource providing strong commercial and financial advice to the organisation whilst partnering with the business in identifying, modelling and developing execution initiatives aligned with the organisations strategic direction to drive long term sustainability. Specifically with a focus on end to end financial control and optimisation of performance through commercial insights, you will develop strong relationships across the wider Dairy Australia business to ultimately drive key initiatives and performance.
Although Dairy Australia is a “not for profit” organisation, it operates within a commercial environment and you will have a focus on the management of costs and investments.
You will be based at the Southbank office of Dairy Australia with a team of 3 staff.
Key Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assist the GM BOP in developing efficient and appropriate financial systems and processes, compliance arrangements and reporting
- Developing the finance strategy
- Drive improvements to processes that will streamline reporting and systems
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders across Dairy Australia at both the Southbank office and the eight regions.
- Build and maintain a highly effective finance function and controls framework, whist leading and developing a finance team to support the business over time
- Day to day stewardship of all financial processes, transactions and controls
- Help build accounting policies and procedures, recommending changes over time in accordance with best practice and legislative changes
- Continue to enhance the full suite of board reports and an effective annual accounting process, ensuring these are in line with industry best practice and delivered in a timely fashion
- Work with the business to prepare the annual budget, and provide ongoing commentary and analysis on performance to budget throughout the year
- Continue to enhance the reporting structures to articulate both departmental and regional business unit financial performance
- Manage the tax exposures across the group and the preparation of returns
- Maintenance and oversight of DA’s insurance program
- Oversee the internal and external audit process
- CA/CPA qualified, you are a strong technician with a track record in delivering first class accounting advice as a business partner in an organisation
- You possess outstanding systems optimisation skills, ideally gained from implementing financial systems in complex corporate environments with varied systems and data sources
- Strong relationship building skills, with the ability to influence others in order to solve complex problems
- A highly effective communicator with senior stakeholders and board members, you are also comfortable working in a hands-on role
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role within the commercial industry
- Experience with Board reporting & analytics essential
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team to success
- Ability to multi-task many different projects at any one time whilst working to strict deadlines and under pressure to meet the desired end results for the business
- Demonstrated experience in managing resources, planning, executing and reviewing to always create an area of excellence
If this sounds like an opportunity that you have been looking for, please submit an application to email@example.com by Friday 31st August.