- Based in Gippsland
- Full time or part time position
- Competitive salary package
- Opportunity to drive positive outcomes for dairy farmers
Dairy Australia is the national services body for the dairy industry. Our role is to help farmers adapt to a changing operating environment, and achieve a profitable, sustainable dairy industry. We act as the ‘investment arm’ of the industry, investing in projects that can’t be done efficiently by individual farmers or companies.
GippsDairy is the Regional Development Program that supports Dairy Australia in providing a range of programs, projects and services to Gippsland’s dairy farmers.
Reporting to the Regional Manager and working within a small team, the Regional Extension Officer will be responsible for managing a number of GippsDairy’s education and extension projects, including involvement in farmer discussion groups and focus farms. This is a full time position however a part time position will be considered for the right candidate.
The successful applicant will be a self-starter capable of building strong relationships with the regions dairy farmers, service providers, other extension providers and training organisations. Technical skills in animal nutrition and performance as well as dairy farming would be highly advantageous.
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- Tertiary qualifications in veterinary / animal science, environmental / agricultural sciences or equivalent
- Experience in working with farmers or farmer groups
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Confidence and experience in conducting workshops and discussion groups
- Experience in project management
For further information about the role please contact Regional Manager, Allan Cameron, 0437 296 955.
To submit your application for this opportunity, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GippsDairy Regional Extension Officer (Word, 76KB)