- Excellent Southbank location | Easily accessible via transport
- Permanent part-time (0.8) position | Flexible hours
- Cohesive and collegiate team environment | Great perks and benefits
- Competitive salary
Dairy Australia is the national services body for the Australian dairy industry. Our aim is to help farmers adapt to a forever dynamic operating environment, with the objective of achieving a profitable and sustainable dairy industry. We do this by funding and managing pre-competitive activities that are important for the future of our industry, such as R and D, boosting industry capability, marketing activities and trade and regulatory support.
It’s important for our success and that of the broader dairy industry that we attract and retain a diverse, motivated and skilled workforce that focuses on continuous improvement, innovation, collaboration and knowledge sharing.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and commercially savvy Legal Manager to join the Dairy Australia team on a part time (0.8 FTE) basis. Reporting to the GM of Business and Organizational Performance, you will be the primary contact for all organisational legal advice and support, contract drafting and negotiations. Importantly, you’ll be responsible for managing the Dairy Australia IP rights portfolio.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Providing general legal advice to the organisation in relation to a range of corporate issues.
- Creating and managing standardised contracts for all contract types – and ensuring compliance by the organization
- Negotiating and drafting changes to standard form contracts used by the organization, as well as those drafted by third party suppliers dealing with the organisation.
- Reviewing correspondence, and/or other material to ensure the organization minimizes and mitigates its exposure to legal liabilities and claims.
- Providing oversight of the organisation’s patents and trademark portfolio, including maintenance of an IP register.
- Maintaining legal budgets, tracking and reporting on legal activity and spend, including managing the provision of all external legal advice for the company.
- Implementing appropriate training in key areas of legal compliance as required (above that provided by LMS).
- Assist with tendering and procurement processes
- Supporting our Company Secretary where required/appropriate.
What we are looking for
You will be an experienced lawyer with commercial nous, strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think outside the square. You will be proactive, demonstrating your organisational skills, initiative and confidence to work autonomously, but you will enjoy working cross functionally with a team-first approach. Building relationships and influencing people across all levels of the business comes easily to you, backed by strong communication skills (written and verbal). Finally, you will have a 5-7 years' PQE in general commercial law with particular experience in contracts law, IP law and statutory interpretation. You will enjoy thinking critically with contracts, and have strong attention to detail.
At Dairy Australia, we are committed to supporting you to achieve your career goals and grow and succeed as an employee and as a person. If this sounds like an opportunity that you have been looking for, please submit an application to email@example.com that makes you stand out as the candidate that we must meet. A competitive salary package will be offered together with the opportunity to be part of a talented and committed team working to drive positive outcomes for dairy farmers.