At Dairy Australia, our role is to help farmers adapt to a changing operating environment, and achieve a profitable, sustainable dairy industry. We act as the ‘investment arm’ of the industry, investing in projects that can’t be done efficiently by individual farmers or companies.
We have an excellent opportunity for an innovative and enthusiastic individual to join Dairy Australia’s Farm Profit and Capability (Farm) team. Reporting to the Group Manager, and playing key leadership role, this person will be vital in leading the implementation of an overall learning strategy for Dairy Australia’s activities.
This newly created role, based out of the Southbank office, exists to lead the design and development of learning solutions as part of Dairy Australia's activities, based on agreed industry and regional priorities and needs.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the implementation of Dairy Australia’s learning and education strategy
- Identifying industry needs, and delivery of long-term learning strategies relevant to content priorities and learning approaches through collaborating and team work with the Technical and Innovation Manager, and Operations Manager and Regional Operations Manager
- Leading the collaboration between all key stakeholders in researching issues in addition to developing solutions to resolve adoption barriers of learning activities
- Owning the broader education strategy and capability framework, and lead the team that holds the relationships with universities, TAFE’s and other education delivery stakeholders
- Overseeing the program and delivery mechanism of all Learning and Development activities, including content creation, content maintenance and vendor relationship management where applicable through a team of learning and development specialists
- Building and implementing learning and adoption solutions in line with the organisational and team strategy, as well as adult-learning and motivation concepts
- Overseeing all costs related to the design and development of learning solutions as part of Dairy Australia's learning activities to ensure efficiency within budget
- Reviewing and developing learning design, development and implementation methodology, standards and tools for both internal and external use
- Evaluating the need for different styles of training (incorporating Targeted Services work), such as blended learning, eLearning, tutorial sessions and face to face training
This is a rare opportunity to demonstrate your strong communication and leadership skills in this newly created position. The successful person, will have proven experience in a similar role along with:
- Experience dealing with significantly varied stakeholder groups.
- Extensive, deep L&D experience around methods & tools, instructional design.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications
- Experience in leading a team, in addition to extensive experience in strategy implementation
- Relevant experience of delivering third party training solutions
- A track record of managing development and a variety of training and development techniques
- Experience in managing a budget effectively
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, in addition to being a confident presenter and public speaker
- Being a creative thinker with the ability to work on own initiative
- Experience with the farming sector would be highly regarded
Why work for Dairy Australia:
We aim to provide benefits that promote the physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of our employees, such as;
- Free and confidential counselling service
- Health Checks
- Flu Vaccinations
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Moving House Leave - Take a day to unpack and settle in - on us!
- Not-for-Profit Salary Packaging
- Paid Parental Leave
- Salary Continuance
- Flexi-hours and work from home options
- Length of Service Awards
- Our Udderly Social club and more.
If you're experienced in the development and implementation of projects, have high levels of interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, are self-motivated and enjoy working collaboratively in a small team with the ability to be flexible to deal with organisational and broader industry activity then we would like to hear from you.
For more information on this role you can contact Tania Kuiti, Talent Acquisition and Development Specialist on +61 3 9694 3711.
To submit your application for this opportunity, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Applications close at 5pm Thursday 7th February.
Manager, Learning and Development (Farm) (PDF, 424 KB)