Dairy Australia develops tools for farmers and industry to assist in making decisions today, while delivering services that support on-farm profitability. Our investment in research and innovation supports the sustainability of the industry into the future. Our people are committed to delivering benefits to the industry.
An exciting opportunity exists to support the day to day running of the Farm Profit and Capability department and oversee operational activities such as prioritisation, budgeting, and planning, reporting, team operating rhythms and facilitate engagement across Dairy Australia on behalf of the Farm Team.
Reporting to the Group Manager of the Farm Profit & Capability department, this delivery focussed role is critical in supporting the Farm team to manage interdependencies across a large volume of work whilst assisting in the prioritization of activities across the different functions of the team.
The key responsibilities of the position include (but not limited to):
- Management and co-ordination of operational tasks of the farm team which includes the high-level co-ordination of farmer-facing educational engagements
- Coordinating, overseeing and participating in the compiling of budgets and forecasts that relate to the Farm Team
- Performing and reviewing quality assurance controls, alongside monitoring performance against set KPIs
- In collaboration with the GM-Farm, create, develop and formulate strategic and operational objectives for the broader team
- Identifying process and policy improvements in support of organisational goals
- Coordinate the Farm team operating rhythm, including meeting agendas, minutes and following up on agreed action points creating accountability across the team
- Providing leadership and assisting with management of staff where required
The successful candidate will be an experienced operational and commercial thinker with a background in business management and well-developed influencing skills. You will enjoy working collaboratively across teams at Dairy Australia whilst showing strong leadership qualities.
Experience in budget management, project management, managing competing priorities and a relevant tertiary qualification will see you set up for success in this role. Knowledge of the dairy industry is favourable.
Why work for Dairy Australia:
At Dairy Australia, we aim to provide benefits that promote the overall wellbeing of our employees. This includes vaccinations and health checks as well as salary packaging and paid parental leave.
A competitive remuneration package is available, and can be discussed upon application.
To submit your application for this opportunity, please contact please contact Scott Watson firstname.lastname@example.org .
Manager Operations - Farm Profit & Capability (PDF, 173 KB)