At Dairy Australia, our role is to help farmers adapt to a changing operating environment, and achieve a profitable, sustainable dairy industry. We act as the ‘investment arm’ of the industry, investing in projects that can’t be done efficiently by individual farmers or companies.
We have an excellent opportunity for an innovative, strategic and collaborative individual to join Dairy Australia’s Farm Profit and Capability (Farm) team. Playing a key leadership role, this person will be vital in building and continuously improving the interdependencies across the Farm team, the wider business and the industry.
This newly created role, based out of the Southbank office, exists to lead the Technical Specialist team, ensuring that the programs of work are aligned to the priorities of both the Farm team, the Dairy Industry and ultimately ensuring they are relevant to Farmers. This requires providing leadership to all technical areas at all stages of the project lifecycle starting with strategic planning of activity through to providing oversight of all research activities and ensuring L&D activities balance immediate and longer term priorities.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Providing externally facing leadership by representing Dairy Australia across multiple advisor groups and panels including state governments and universities.
- Assisting in the formulation of organisational strategy for technical innovation Dairy Australia’s portfolio, including reviewing and assessing all Farm project initiatives from a strategic perspective, incorporating all considerations for industry needs and organisational priorities
- Identifying opportunities and threats impacting agriculture and the dairy industry, analysing and recommending actions
- Overseeing the development of technical materials, in collaboration with technical leads and, if needed, external consultants, to further project activities, objectives and results
- Developing and maintaining relationships with consultants and institutions such as contractors, university research leads, and scientific collaborators
- Presenting papers at national and international conferences, representing Dairy Australia as a source of technical prowess
- Leading, directing and overseeing all organisational research and development projects by coordinating those as a part of the portfolio to guarantee objectives are achieved
This is a rare opportunity to demonstrate your strong communication and leadership skills in this newly created position. The successful person, will have proven experience in a similar role along with:
Extensive experience in a related area of work and aptitude in at least one core technical area of program. E.g. as Feedbase & Nutrition, Farm Business Management, People, Natural Resources or Animal Production.
Significant commercial or agribusiness experience, including deep knowledge of the dairy industry
People leadership experience, including experience leading people through change
A relevant qualification such as Agricultural Science, Animal Science or related fields, preferably at PhD level
Strong operational experience in planning and prioritisation of conflicting demands
Why work for Dairy Australia:
We aim to provide benefits that promote the physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of our employees, such as;
- Free and confidential counselling service
- Health Checks
- Flu Vaccinations Subsidised Gym Membership
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Moving House Leave - Take a day to unpack and settle in - on us!
- Not-for-Profit Salary Packaging
- Paid Parental Leave
- Salary Continuance
- Flexi-hours and work from home options
- Length of Service Awards
- Our Udderly Social club and more.
For more information on this role you can contact Tania Kuiti, Talent Acquisition and Development Specialist on +61 3 9694 3711.
To submit your application for this opportunity, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 5pm Thursday 7th February.
Technical & Innovation Manager - Farm Profit and Capability (PDF, 225 KB)