At Dairy Australia, our role is to help farmers adapt to a changing operating environment, and achieve a profitable, sustainable dairy industry. We act as the ‘investment arm’ of the industry, investing in projects that can’t be done efficiently by individual farmers or companies.
We have an excellent opportunity for a pragmatic, systematic and charismatic individual to join Dairy Australia’s Farm Profit and Capability team (FARM). Reporting to the Group Manager, and playing a key leadership role, this person will be vital in building and continuously improving the interdependencies across the Farm team and the wider business.
This newly created role, based out of the Southbank office exists to support the day to day running of the Farm team, whilst also overseeing all operational activities in order to support the team.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with key stakeholders, ensuring all Farm activities and projects are planned, resourced and delivered in a coordinated and prioritised manner
- Providing information for reporting requirements into Dairy Australia’s governance requirements
- Collaborating with the project managers and Finance team to effectively and efficiently manage forecasts and budgets
- Performing and reviewing quality assurance controls to ensure the quality and proficiency of team and project activities.
- Creating, developing and formulating strategic and operational objectives for broader team
- Playing a significant role in long-term planning, including formulating strategic and operational
- Driving initiatives in the Farm team and organisationally that contribute to long-term operational excellence
- Providing leadership to the Farm team, whilst also fostering a spirit of teamwork and unity among team members that allows for the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness and supportiveness
This is a rare opportunity to demonstrate your strong communication and leadership skills in this newly created position. The successful person, will have proven experience in a similar role along with:
- The ability to respectfully challenge and debate issues of importance to the organisation.
- The ability to look at situations from several points of view and be persuasive with details and facts
- Proven project management methodology and/or tertiary qualifications in a related field
- The ability to identify the cause and effects of problems in the workplace, including skills in analysing existing information to come up with appropriate solutions
- A skill for building successful and long standing relationships with the fundamental foundations of commitment, support and collaboration.
Why work for Dairy Australia:
We aim to provide benefits that promote the physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of our employees, such as;
- Free and confidential counselling service
- Health Checks
- Flu Vaccinations
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Moving House Leave - Take a day to unpack and settle in - on us!
- Not-for-Profit Salary Packaging
- Paid Parental Leave
- Salary Continuance
- Flexi-hours and work from home options
- Length of Service Awards
- Our Udderly Social club and more.
For more information on this role you can contact Tania Kuiti, Talent Acquisition and Development Specialist on 0407 968 004.
To submit your application for this opportunity, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 5pm Thursday 7th February.
Operations Manager - Farm Profit and Capability (PDF, 433 KB)