Dairy Australia is the national services body for the Australian dairy industry. We act as the collective investment arm of the industry, investing in essential research, development, extension and industry services.
Dairy Australia is looking for a Paralegal with experience in contracts and procurement to join the team based in Southbank, Melbourne. Working closely with our Legal Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for preparing and negotiating a range of commercial contracts for Dairy Australia and guiding the business through Dairy Australia’s procurement process and commercial negotiations.
This is an ideal opportunity for a motivated individual with previous experience in a similar role. To be successful in this role, you must have strong attention to detail, be comfortable working autonomously and have strong practical experience in negotiating and preparing commercial contracts. In addition to being organised, efficient and highly skilled at stakeholder engagement and management, you will have sound judgment and decision making abilities enabling you to manage a high volume of activity within the timeframes required.
To be considered for this role, you will have or be able to demonstrate:
- Solid theoretical understanding of contracts and principles of negotiation
- Familiarity with intellectual property and maintaining IP registers
- Completed or undertaking relevant studies in law, procurement or contracts
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrated experience reviewing contracts and identifying key risks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic and resilient with the ability to manage time effectively and prioritise
- A high level of interpersonal skills with confidence to deal with all levels of staff
- General understanding of procurement processes and practices
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Prepare and edit contracts, contract acceptance forms that are attached to acceptable vendor contracts, and amendments from established formats and ensures approval from the Legal Manager
- Ensure the most appropriate standard contract for relevant proposals are used and ascertain the proper signature authority
- Identify risks and key issues for legal review, whilst also providing appropriate advice for stakeholders in the business (including in contract negotiations)
- Prepares reports of contracting activities as needed
- Conduct basic negotiations for contracts within authority limits
- Establish and maintains contracts database and template forms for all company agreements
- Monitor contracting process to ensure timely delivery and execution of agreements
- Maintain the organisation’s intellectual property register, i.e. organise renewals
- Provide regular reports and updates to the Legal Manager
Why work for Dairy Australia:
We aim to provide benefits that promote the physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of our employees, such as:
- Free and confidential counselling service
- Health checks
- Flu vaccinations
- Subsidised gym membership
- Discounted health insurance
- Moving house leave - take a day to unpack and settle in - on us!
- Not-for-Profit salary packaging
- Paid parental leave
- Salary continuance
- Flexi-hours and work from home options
- Length of Service Awards
- Our Udderly social club and more.
For more information on this role you can contact Tania Kuiti, Talent Acquisition and Development Specialist on 0407 968 004.
To submit your application for this opportunity, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paralegal - Contracts and Procurement (PDF, 330 KB)