- Permanent Full Time opportunity
- Competitive remuneration package on offer
- Working out of our Southbank office
Dairy Australia is the national services body for the dairy industry. Our role is to help farmers adapt to a changing operating environment & achieve a profitable, sustainable dairy industry. We act as the ‘investment arm’ of the industry, investing in projects that can’t be done efficiently by individual farmers or companies.
As Dairy Australia continues to work closely with all levels of industry, we currently have a great opportunity within our Trade and Industry Strategy team for a Policy Officer looking to build on their experience in policy development and implementation. The successful individual will play a key role in fostering a positive regulatory and policy environment across the dairy supply chain, which in return will increase dairy farm productivity, allow for innovation, consumption and competition as well as ensuring sustainable market access.
Working closely with the Dairy Australia Policy Managers and the dairy industry representative agencies, this influential role will be accountable for providing policy and regulatory support across all areas within the dairy industry, with particular focus on national and international food policy and regulations, agricultural and veterinary chemical regulations and land use planning regulations.
Other responsibilities of this role include however are not limited to:
- Providing speciality research, analysis and advice to the Australian dairy industry on a range of issues, but particularly with respect to food standards, food safety and land use planning;
- Developing evidence based policy proposals, recommendations and solutions for the dairy industry;
- Promoting clear industry positions on domestic and international regulatory issues;
- Preparing industry submissions for government and other policy influencers, policy analysis and critical review;
- Fostering strategic relationships with key regulatory and industry organisations, agencies and influencers including DAWR, FSANZ APVMA, AFGC, ACCC as well as state and territory governments.
Your success in this role will be dependent on your:
- Tertiary qualifications in Agricultural Economics, Science, Public Policy or equivalent experience in a similar role within the agricultural and/or food manufacturing sector;
- Experience and understanding of agriculture and food policy and regulatory developments at national (State and Commonwealth) and international (Codex and importing country) level;
- Demonstrated capability and track record in the development of evidence based policy;
- Well-developed stakeholder management skills, including being sensitive to understanding others views;
- Proven project management experience, including the ability to develop implement, manage and deliver programs in a multi-disciplinary and cross-functional team environment.
An understanding of the responsibilities that accompany industry representation, excellent verbal and written communication skills; and the Australian and international food regulatory agencies, as well as the ability to influence at all levels are all necessary skill sets for this exciting role.
What’s in it for you?
As well as a meaningful role working within a growing industry undergoing change, the Dairy Australia team has access to a great range of benefits including salary packaging and a health and wellbeing program.
To find out more about this opportunity, contact or send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Application close on Friday 8 December 2017.