Dairy Australia Ltd is the national services body for the Australian dairy industry. The company acts as the collective investment arm of the industry, investing in essential research, development, delivery of programs and industry services. This role is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the Australian agricultural industry, in particular dairy, to take your career to the next level.
You will be working with a wonderful team based in our Southbank offices, together with regular visits to our regional teams, providing a very satisfying and fulfilling service to our dairy industry.
The role is part of a team who has the responsible for implementing the industry’s national learning framework for the dairy industry, ensuring that learning and development investments are made and measured in line with industry priorities and having the vision to develop programs to lift the overall capability of the dairy industry.
Together with the Marketing and Communications department at Dairy Australia, you will also develop and implement a marketing and communication strategy supporting the education delivery.
The role will be responsible for:
- Providing effective leadership in the development of the vision and the strategic direction for the dairy industry to interact across multiple sectors of the education system.
- Support the growth of a national network of appropriate education partners and RTO’s to ensure effective and contemporary education offerings are available in all dairy regions across Australia.
- Drive the growth in capability of the dairy industry through education; work, health and safety and attraction & retention strategies
- Lead the monitoring and evaluation of education and training programs to assess the impact on practice change on farms.
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders including government industry bodies, State funding agencies and education sector contacts to establish collaborative partnerships.
To be successful you must possess the following:
- Extensive and current Vocational Education and Training industry experience (greater than 2 years).
- Demonstrated project management and administration skills including the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Have successfully led/managed teams in complex environments.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others without having direct control.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal, negotiation, management and communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in leading change management.
- Knowledge of the State & Federal Training funding and various funding streams and bodies in the vocational training sector
- Degree qualification in Agriculture, Science, Commerce, Business, Education or equivalent.
- Experience in Project Management,
- Experience on budgeting, financial management and administration
- Current driver's licence
- Experience in the Higher Education sector or commercial training organisations
- Experience in a government, agribusiness or similar industry association
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
To apply for this opportunity, send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close at 5pm Friday 8th December 2017.
Your application should include:
1. Cover letter (your cover letter should reflect how your qualifications/experience meet the knowledge and experience requirements outlined in the position description and should be no more than 2 pages).
2. Your resume
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Program Manager Industry Workforce Development (DOC, 38KB)