Dairy Australia is the national services body for the Australian dairy industry. We act as the collective investment arm of the industry, investing in essential research, development, extension and industry services.
Dairy Australia is looking for an experienced Projects Manager to join our team in Southbank, Melbourne. This role is responsible for supporting the planning, executing and evaluation of projects according to timelines and budgets. This role reports to the PMO, with a dotted line into the Farm Profit & Capability department’s Operations Manager, for the duration of the projects. Overseeing and managing project resources and ensuring quality control throughout the project lifecycle is central to this role.
In order to excel in this role, you will be a proactive "can-do" individual, with a strong work ethic and highly developed attention to detail and interpersonal skills and be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of end to end project management methodologies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the day-day activities of a distributed project team and undertake multiple project activities, ensuring that good practice project standards are implemented
- Support with achieving project results - time, quality, cost - along with the project business lead
- Work with the project business lead and key stakeholders to complete project artefacts (i.e. project charters and plans), outlining scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget and timing
- Complete work breakdown structure with input from the project business lead, to estimate effort and resources required for each task and provide a project schedule
- Ensure that project objectives are delivered within the agreed time, scope and budget constraints
- Identifying risks, resolve issues and solve problems throughout the project lifecycle
- Effectively manage project scope by ensuring any changes to scope are documented and approved through project change request process
- Manage the project budget and ensure that project milestones are being met to meet budget requirements, including tracking and reporting on project milestones and provide status reports
- Manage stakeholder involvement in the project through the creation of productive partnerships and strong communication.
- Develop and promote strategies for ensuring the project’s deliverables support the broader needs of project stakeholders and Dairy Australia
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Relevant project management qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to successfully partake as a member of a project team or lead a project team
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities
- Commercial or agribusiness experience, with knowledge of the Dairy Industry, is desirable
- Extensive experience in a related area of work and aptitude in at least one core technical area of program
- People leadership experience, including experience leading people through change
- Strong operational experience in planning and prioritization of conflicting demands
- Open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
Why work for Dairy Australia:
We aim to provide benefits that promote the physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of our employees, such as;
- Free and confidential counselling service
- Health checks
- Flu vaccinations
- Subsidised gym membership
- Discounted health insurance
- Moving house leave - take a day to unpack and settle in - on us!
- Not-for-Profit salary packaging
- Paid parental leave
- Salary continuance
- Flexi-hours and work from home options
- Length of Service Awards
- Our Udderly social club and more.
For more information on this role you can contact Tania Kuiti, Talent Acquisition and Development Specialist on 03 9694 3711.
To submit your application for this opportunity, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Projects Manager(PDF, 137 KB)