Dairy Australia is the national services body for the Australian dairy industry. We act as the collective investment arm of the industry, investing in essential research, development, extension and industry services.
Dairy Australia is looking for an experienced Projects Manager based in Southbank. This role is responsible for supporting the planning, executing and evaluation of projects according to timelines and budgets. This role will join the newly created PMO team reporting into the Portfolio Manager. Overseeing and managing project resources and ensuring quality control throughout the project lifecycle is central to this role.
Key responsibilities can be split into the below four main areas:
1. Project Management
- Manage the day-day activities of a distributed project team and undertaking multiple project activities, ensuring that good practice project standards are implemented
- Work with the project business lead and key stakeholders to complete project artefacts (i.e. project charters and plans), outlining scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget and timing
- Complete work breakdown structure with input from the project business lead, to estimate effort and resources required for each task and provide a project schedule
- Ensure that project objectives are delivered within the agreed time, scope and budget constraints
- Manage the project budget and ensure that project milestones are being met to meet budget requirements, including tracking and reporting on project milestones and provide status reports
2. Stakeholder management
- Develop and promote strategies for ensuring the project’s deliverables support the broader needs of project stakeholders and Dairy Australia
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to deliver on project deliverables i.e. business leads within Farm, Learning & Development, Operations Manager, Portfolio Manager, IT, Digital Manager etc.
- Prepare all Project documentation in a timely manner including project plans and status reports, communication products and correspondence with the project steering committee and stakeholders
3. Evaluation framework
- Determine and ensure results measurement according to the evaluation framework requirements, and complete with project lead, post-project evaluation to determine how results were achieved
- For each project, conduct, track and communicate project budgets and forecast future spend to minimise any risks of over spending
- Lead, coach and motivate project team members on a proactive basis
- Foster a team culture where all members consider interdependences
- Manage all contractual requirements of the project including ensuring the deliverables of subcontractors are met
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience working in projects that involve Research & Development
- Experience with managing projects that incorporate complex information across a range of disciplines
- Well-developed acumen to understand a variety of stakeholder types and the ability to develop project plans accordingly
- Ability to deliver projects that have digital multi-faceted elements
- Strong understanding of the agricultural industry is desirable although not essential
- Proven experience working within a variety of different project management delivery methodologies
The successful applicant will be self-driven with the ability to engage across all levels in the organisation and within the industry. They will work on exciting projects that make a difference to the dairy industry whilst working in a supportive environment that has a strong focus on work/life balance./p>
Why work for Dairy Australia:
Dairy Australia is the national services body for the dairy industry. Our employees are passionate about helping farmers adapt to the changing operating environment, and achieve a profitable, sustainable dairy industry.< /p>
At Dairy Australia, we aim to provide benefits that promote the overall wellbeing of our employees. This includes vaccinations and health checks as well as salary packaging and paid parental leave.
If you meet the criteria and have the required experience in a similar role we would like to hear from you.
For more information on this role you can contact Imogen McBain on 03 9694 3892
To submit your application for this opportunity, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Projects Manager - Farm (PDF, 130 KB)