Western Dairy is a not-for-profit organisation funded through dairy farmer levies that are matched by Federal government funds and channelled through Dairy Australia to Western Dairy. Western Dairy’s primary goal is to support the state’s 135 dairy farm businesses in a way that augments the industry’s sustainability.
Our suite of services focus on production-based applied research and extension that will improve management and outcomes in the feedbase, animal health/reproduction, farm business, environmental and people management portfolios.
Western Dairy is looking for an experienced people leader, with proven interpersonal skills who is able to build a team culture and bring a strategic outlook that enables Western Dairy to prioritise, develop and deliver relevant industry services to farmers and stakeholders across the region. In addition to this an important aspect of the Regional Manager role is to build strong collaborative relationships between Western Dairy and stakeholders.
Reporting to the Board of Western Dairy and Dairy Australia’s Manager of Regional Services this role will focus on people both within Western Dairy as well as external stakeholders.
The key responsibilities of the position include (however are not limited to):
- Lead and motivate a small team in a manner that nurtures and optimises their ability to service the WA dairy industry
- Design and deliver the annual operating plan and its associated projects so to meet the strategic, physical and financial targets and milestones agreed upon
- Drive and maintain key stakeholder relationships and professionally represent Western Dairy amongst them at a local, state and national level
- Take on a key extension or research function that will involve hands-on delivery of at least one key project area within the Western Dairy activity portfolio
- Manage all business affairs of Western Dairy
- Identify the regional priorities and provide services to address relevant issues
The successful candidate will have the below skills and experience:
- Strong people leadership experience
- Extensive networks and the capacity to readily engage and communicate with a broad stakeholder base, from farmers to government
- Experience with preparation of meaningful reports
- Financial literacy skills and the ability to develop, manage and report finances to an audit-ready standard
- Understanding of corporate governance
- Tertiary qualification in agriculture, natural resource management, business or a related discipline
- Knowledge of the Australian dairy industry as well as agribusiness or farmer extension experience would be desirable although not essential
A competitive remuneration package is available and can be discussed upon application.
To submit your application for this opportunity, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Regional Manager – Western Dairy (PDF, 183 KB)