Murray Dairy has an exciting opportunity for a Rural Skills Connect Coordinator working out of our Tatura office to coordinate the Regional Development Victoria funded Rural Skills Connect Project. The project is aimed at providing flexible employment and training guidance specifically for the dairy industry including dairy farmers, their families, employees and farm service providers looking to up skill.
Key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Facilitate employment and training opportunities to dairy farmers, their family members or employees and dairy farm service providers affected by current dairy challenges in the Goulburn Murray Irrigation District (GMID)
- Identify regional industry needs and skills shortages, working with business and industry
- Utilise the transferable skills of the GMID dairy community to meet regional skills gaps and labour shortages
- Improve employment and training opportunities for dairy sector workers
- Assist farmers and farm workers to get their skills identified and accredited through Registered Training Organisations (RTO)
- Match suitably trained, qualified and job-ready candidates with existing vacancies
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience in the management of employment and training pathways
- Experience operating in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Knowledge and experience in the agricultural sector specifically dairy
- Relevant tertiary qualification would be highly regarded although not essential
This role will suit a candidate with strong stakeholder engagement skills that has a project delivery focus. Previous experience working with a variety of stakeholders in the agricultural and more specifically dairy industry will set the successful candidate up for success in the role.
Why work for Murray Dairy / Dairy Australia:
Dairy Australia invests in research and innovation that supports the sustainability of the industry into the future. Our people are committed to delivering benefits to the industry, through a wide range of services.
At Murray Dairy and Dairy Australia, we aim to provide benefits that promote the overall wellbeing of our employees. This includes vaccinations and health checks as well as salary packaging and paid parental leave.
To submit your application, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rural Skills Connect Coordinator (PDF, 144 KB)