- Melbourne CBD Based
- Full or Part Time will be considered
- Delivery Strategic Impact for a Peak Services Body
We have a great opportunity for self-motivated and experienced Trade Policy Manager to work towards improving the international trade policy and regulatory environment for the Australian Dairy industry;
Reporting to the International Trade Development Manager, the role will:
- Provide trade policy advice and technical input into regional and bilateral trade negotiations, and assist development of agreed industry positions to support achievement of the best possible outcome for dairy.
- Undertake research and provide specialist input to initiatives to improve and/or protect access for Australian dairy products into international markets.
- Monitor and analyse developments within international markets and trade policy agenda setting organisations, and assess and advise on implications for Australian dairy trade
- Develop agreed industry positions and responses to specific issues and reforms, and work proactively within Australia and internationally to generate support for agreed industry positions
The major responsibilities of the role include:
- Providing analysis, advice and representation on international trade policy issues relating to international markets and regions
- Maintaining intelligence networks within Australia and internationally, including industry and government contacts
- Providing advice, research and information to industry on priority trade policy issues
- Responding to shared issues that impact across various trade negotiations, agreements and markets
- Monitoring, analysing and providing representation when responding to strategic market access issues
- Engaging with industry and government to resolve issues and communicate outcomes
Your success in this role will be dependent on your:
- Ability to work collaboratively, with a track record in initiating and establishing partnerships and networks and maintaining effective relationships with key partners and stakeholders.
- Sound understanding of international trade policy and ability to motivate and influence stakeholders, partners or project members.
- Excellent analytical skills with solid report writing skills
- Preferred in depth knowledge of both the Australian dairy industry and international dairy market.
- A clear understanding of the processes of policy development with the Australian dairy industry and the Australian government.
- Awareness and understanding of international cultures and cultural sensitivities.
Ideally, you will have tertiary qualifications in Economics, International Trade, Marketing or a related discipline
What’s in it for you?
At Dairy Australia, we are committed to supporting you to achieve your career goals, grow and succeed as an employee and as a person.
As well as a meaningful role working within a growing industry undergoing change, the Dairy Australia team has access to a great range of benefits including salary packaging and a health and wellbeing program.
If this sounds like an opportunity that you have been looking for, please submit an application to email@example.com that makes you stand out as the candidate that we must meet!
Trade Policy Manager (PDF, 231 KB)