Dairy Australia Ltd is the national services body for the Australian dairy industry. The company acts as the collective investment arm of the industry, investing in essential research, development, delivery of programs and industry services. This role is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the Australian agricultural industry, in particular dairy, to take your career to the next level.
You will be working with a wonderful team based in our Southbank offices providing a very satisfying and fulfilling service to our dairy industry.
The role is responsible for implementing the industry’s national learning framework, ensuring that learning and development investments are made and measured in line with industry priorities.It will ensure that the learning and development opportunities, that the dairy industry needs to be profitable, innovative and sustainable, are available in all dairy regions.
The role will provide strategic support to a network of learning and education providers around the country to ensure they remain engaged and viable members of the dairy education network. These providers may be from the school, vocational education, higher education sectors or training organisations.
The role will be responsible for:
- Providing effective leadership in the development of the vision and the strategic direction for the dairy industry to interact across multiple sectors of the education system.
- Support the growth of a national network of appropriate education partners and RTO’s to ensure effective and contemporary education offerings are available in all dairy regions across Australia.
- Identifying and developing new training opportunities and dairy industry capability programs to be delivered as accredited education in collaboration with network members.
- Lead the monitoring and evaluation of education and training programs to assess the impact on practice change on farms.
- Ensure WHS protocols are followed at all training programs.
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders including government industry bodies, State funding agencies and education sector contacts to establish collaborative partnerships.
To be successful you must possess the following:
- Extensive and current Vocational Education and Training industry experience (greater than 2 years).
- Demonstrated project management and administration skills including the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Experience in business development and grant, tender or proposal writing.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal, negotiation, management and communication skills
- The ability to develop effective relationships with senior management and staff and maintain trust and confidence, and act in a fair and impartial manner to achieve outcomes.
- Knowledge of the State & Federal Training funding and various funding streams and bodies in the vocational training sector
- Degree qualification in Agriculture, Science, Commerce, Business, Education or equivalent.
- Experience in Project Management, financial management and administration
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage time frames, meet deadlines and priorities as required
- Strong attention to detail and ability to see tasks through to conclusion
- Current driver's licence
Desirable Competencies and Qualification/Experience
- Experience in the Higher Education sector or commercial training organisations
- Experience in a government or a public service organisation or similar industry association
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
For further information about the role please contact Ross McKenry on 03 9694 3865.
To submit your expression of interest for this opportunity, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications close at 5pm Tuesday 10th October 2017.